Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Half the RSVPs are in, but....

...what bugs me the most are those who call and say that they're going to come without either RSVPing on our website or sending in their response card.  Personally, I don't consider verbal confirmations official.  As we have meal choices, paper or electronic confirmation is very important.  What bugs me even more are third party confirmations - when someone tells me that another invitee is coming, without the actual invitee contacting us directly.  I won't mark down anyone as officially coming unless they contact me themselves.  However, regrets through third party contacts are acceptable (though not ideal).

I realize that some of this might be cultural - I've had more RSVP issues on my side than from my fiance's.  It *IS* tough to be the first generation born in Canada.  Even if your parents and close relatives get you, it doesn't mean that more distant relatives do - especially if they don't live here.  They'll just continue to do things they consider is proper etiquette.

No comments:

Post a Comment